Friday, July 23, 2010

2:14 a.m. (Two FourTeen – A Valentine Poem)

It’s been a while since we first met;

We were both strangers with different kinds of interest;

In thoughts, love and friends, just another opposite;

I hate it, you love it; you hate it, I love it.


Funny how I was irritated by you lately,

Thinking that you’re like a boy that’s so faulty

Ignorant and arrogant; an ant I’d like to squish.

But I was so wrong; a love, one could ever wish.


We used to talk just like any other

We laughed; we smiled, and joked at another.

I thought to myself, “This guy isn’t really bad at all.”

“I think we could be friends and that’s a call.”


And that is how everything started,

Two human beings acting so warm-hearted

We shared our stories and ideas little by little

And the things that we both want to do and tell.


I was sitting right next beside you

The product of the planned section cue

We become much closer, one step at a time.

Two hearts are together, continue to rhyme.


“I don’t know how or when.” as I asked myself.

This friendship existed, thinking it just grew itself.

But then you made my sleepy head lay on your shoulder;

This caused an electromagnetic power of forever.


It’s the start of something new,

Which left me a mysterious kind of clue.

Feelings of static shocks running in my system,

Making my confused heart, lose its rhythm.


“Hello my insomnia!” oh how I wish I could sleep.

Thus this night puts me to fall into deep.

“Is this for real?” Confusion enters my topic.

Oh please don’t let me feel so frantic.


You showed me the way back into love

My heart is like a flying gentle dove.

Bother not by the fragments of yesterday

You are my savior when I have my mayday.


I just knew it when I felt so yellow-green

I walked out just like any other loser I’d seen.

This feeling I can’t show, pretending I still can.

Afraid of something that might happen again.


I guess I don’t have enough courage

I think I’m not that’s so average

You might give up on me because of my act

But I figured out that’s not even a fact.


Don’t mind the distance and differences

What matters most is, we both had our chances

You belong with me, I belong to you.

No more tears. No more feeling blue.


I’ve found my long lost marshmallow

The thing I waited the most amid my sorrow.

I love thee, more than as I expected to be.

We will face this world, you and me.


As long as we both have each other

Standing strong for more than now and forever

God is with us no matter how long we would last.

My marsh, just keep my heart and don’t lose my trust.


___________________

Finished: 3:58 a.m.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Spill it out, coffee beans!